Application for assistance may be sought via the telephone, in writing or in person. The following procedure is followed:
- Vital information on the case is collected by the Poor Relief Staff (e.g. Name, address, details of need)
- A Poor Relief Officer will then go out into the field to investigate the authencity of the claim and the level of assistance required.
- Assistance dispensed in accordance with the Poor Relief Act.
There is an inter-relationship between the Poor Relief Office and the Governmental and Non - Governmental agencies.
Persons are often referred to these agencies after investigations and evaluations are carried out. We also receive clients referred from other agencies.
- Spanish Town Feeding Programme
- Provide meals for homeless persons
- Annual Christmas dinner for indigents
- Chicken Rearing Projects
- Counselling for Clients